Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Best Advice...

"This is your show, your diet, your training, and your competition.... right now and for the next 4-8 months it's all about you," said elite body builder Shaun Tate.

What an interesting concept, especially for those of us raised in a small farming town in Indiana, predominately populated by Christians. My whole life I've been dedicated to helping others, serving others, being there for others. Not to say I've always succeeded, I'm certain there have been many selfish moments, but overall, I'm pretty good at catering to others needs. Also, piled in there somewhere is the fact I really love to keep the 'peace' and unless something is really wrong will generally opt to keep the order over voicing my desires and/or opinions.

Now, almost overnight, I find myself in a place where I have to think about myself first. Clearly I'm not saying I am going to start being mean or rude to those around me, but eating my meals on time now supersedes a fun conversation I might be in and getting 8 hours of sleep is now more important to me than bailing out that person who may want me to sober drive.

My routine has changed, my mindset has changed and embarking on a much healthier lifestyle. So, look out world, "It's all about me now." (okay maybe I feel badly saying that still, but shhhhh don't tell anyone, I'll get there)

No comments:

Post a Comment